I've been asked this question quite a bit so I thought I'd list some of my recent meals. I was doing a daily food journal but that proved to be hard to keep up with. Translation--got boring.
So, let's see...I'll start with Saturday because that's the furthest back I can remember. I had a boiled egg for breakfast and probably grapefruit. Then we went to the beach for the day. Ollie packed PB and J for himself and kids and I took grapefruit and almonds and that's what I snacked on most of the day. The grapefruit was refreshing and the almonds took the edge off my hunger but I was starving by the time I got home. When I got home I had a bowl of dal (spicy lentils) with chicken. For dinner I ate fried cabbage. Sunday morning I had eggs with peppers, onions, and goat cheese--yum! For lunch I made a huge salad with spinach, romaine, avocado, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, canned salmon, and olive oil and vinegar. We went to a friend's house for dinner and I took my own because of all my restrictions. I had coconut milk soup with chicken and spinach. It was very spicy but quite good. I'll post the recipe here later. Yesterday I had a boiled egg for breakfast and grapefruit. For lunch I had celery with almond butter and another egg. For dinner I made another huge salad exactly like the one above except that this one had tuna. For breakfast today I had a boiled egg, a spinach-raspberry-almond milk (homemade)-flaxseed smoothie. It sounds good but to be honest it really wasn't. I can't wait until Saturday when I can throw a frozen banana into the mix. Then it will be perfect! The almond milk has been wonderful. It just recently occurred to me that I could make that. I can have almonds and when you make almond milk homemade it's just almonds and water. Also, I caved and bought almond milk for $12 a jar!!!! Ollie said to go ahead and do it. We are so super frugal in every area that we can afford to spend money on good, healthy food even when it's expensive. Thankful for that!
So, as you can see I am eating plenty and eating healthy. I feel good and try not to focus on what I can't have or what I wish I could have. I need to just adapt this way of eating as a way of life because it's not like at the end of these 40 days I will just go back to eating the way I was. As I progress through the diet I can add back whole grains and other beans so that will certainly make things easier. I am dying for hummus!
1 comment:
Hey, I'm glad to find this blog! It sounds like things are going well. You're in the tough stages but it does get better. I'm pulling for you. I am trying to get back more into this lifestyle after some cheating. It's a battle but one worth fighting! Best wishes on your healing.
Post a Comment