Friday, May 1, 2009

Some background

Today begins the first day of the rest of my life...and the first day of "The Maker's Diet." I will be on a 40 day journey to better health. I am hoping to find healing from arthritis, psoriasis, and general muscle and joint pain. I have had a mild case of psoriasis for years and I believe that now I am suffering from Psoriatic Arthritis. I have not had an official diagnosis but I have ruled out Rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus. I have a theory that this was brought on by extreme long term stress that I experienced a year and a half ago. I am no doctor but I have done a good bit of research over the last year and these are the conclusions that I have come to. Ollie has also done a ton of research and he agrees. My main complaints are plantar fasciitis in both feet, knee pain and stiffness (I have a hard time walking downstairs), swollen and painful fingers and hands.
These 40 days are just the beginning. I am hoping and praying that the changes I make will last forever. I have abused my body by eating tons of junk food over the years. I am ready to repent of not taking care of my body and "cleanse my temple." It's more than just the food I eat. It's also how I deal with life. I am choosing to find ways to eliminate stress in my life, to choose to react differently to what I consider stressful situations, to choose joy and peace. I am starting every day in prayer and Bible reading. I am spending time out in the sun relaxing at least a few times a week. As my feet feel better I hope to start walking. I am abiding in Christ and relying on His strength and not my own. It is my hope and prayer that I will be healed of arthritis, get to a healthy weight, refresh and renew my spiritual life, and live pain free. I don't expect this to happen overnight. I am hoping that after 6 months of eating a whole foods, natural diet I will be back to normal.
This is where I'm at. I will use this blog to journal my days and how I am feeling and how it's going.

No comments: