That's pretty much how I've felt all day today. Today was my first partial fast day. This is part of the Maker's Diet. Once a week you do a partial fast day. So, for breakfast and lunch I had juice. Not something yummy like orange juice or cranberry juice. No, I pulled out the juicer and made parsley-carrot-beet-ginger-celery juice. I made it twice for breakfast and lunch. I later had a healthy dinner of carrots, green beans, and salmon. Now, I am not supposed to eat anything else so I'm still hungry. That's okay though. It feels good to know I'm doing something really healthy for my body and for inflammation in general. It's really good for your body to get a break from digesting and it was good to challenge my flesh. I prayed when it got hard and thanked God that I had a full refrigerator. I prayed for people who are regularly hungry because they are poor. It was a good day. I only had one really grumpy moment with the kids and that was good too. I thought I would be super irritable. I'm looking forward to my egg breakfast tomorrow!
Oh and I also fasted from my normal anti-inflammatory medication. I haven't been in as much pain as I thought I would have been. Maybe I am getting better.
3 comments:
I am excited about your new blog. I think it will be inspirational for alot of people. I have tried many, many diets and have a hard time making it thru one day without breaking, so I am impressed and inspired with you strength this far. Congratulations on your new journey. I am sure you will have great success!!
Hey Babe, I love you and praying that this will bring relief from your pain.I hate that you have all this junk---wonder what gene pool it came from!!
Love, Mom
I am interested in how it is going and what you are eating. Remember at lunch I wanted to know what you had to eat?
Post a Comment